Miami Movie Theatres and cinemas guide
Miami is home to a multitude of movie theatres and cinemas. These include standard movie theatres, cineplexes, historic movie houses and cinemas that are now considered to be architectural masterpieces. Here are some of Miami’s best and most interesting movie theatres and cinemas.
1. Miami Light Project - The Miami Light Project is a cinema specialising in international films. It is owned and operated by a non-profit organisation and can be found on Biscayne Boulevard, Miami.
2. Sunrise Cinemas - Sunrise Cinemas is located in Plaza Real at Boca Raton. Sunrise Cinemas are popular with movie goers and is one of the larger cinema complexes in the city with a total of nine cinemas. The theatre facilities are clean and well maintained, and the staff are friendly and helpful.
3. Colony Theatre - Colony Theatre is one of the most beautiful and stunning theatres in the United States. The Art Deco masterpiece was built in 1934 and was recently renovated to preserve the theatre’s distinct architecture. Colony Theatre offers an intimate atmosphere for moviegoers. Aside from playing movies, opera performances, concerts, and plays are also a mainstay at Colony Theatre.
4. Regal Cinemas South Beach - Regal Cinemas South Beach is one of the largest cineplexes in the city. It is located in Lincoln Road, Miami Beach. The cinema has over three floors, and a spacious and convenient parking lot. It also offers an excellent selection of current movies.
5. Weston 8 Cinemas - Weston 8 Cinemas can be found on 160th Avenue in nearby Fort Lauderdale. Weston 8 offers modern cinemas that play current movie releases. As the name implies, Weston 8 has a total of eight cinemas.